PTPI’s Sister Chapter Program pairs chapters in different countries. Through communications and projects, chapters learn more about a country and it’s culture.
- Engage in citizen diplomacy with people from diverse countries and cultures
- Promote international friendship and the exchange of ideas and experiences
- Participate in discussions and activities related to global issues
- Exchange ideas on chapter organizations and programming between chapter leaders worldwide
- Diversify your chapter’s program base and provide an additional opportunity for member participation
- Provide chapter members with an option for fun and educational travel opportunities
- Learn or practice a foreign language with native speakers
Sister chapters participate in a variety of projects throughout the year. The following are a few project ideas:
- Conduct video conferences to learn and educate each other about your countries and cultures
- Organize a joint cultural, educational or humanitarian project in which each chapter participates.
- Create a pen pal program via email, postcard or letter for members to get to know each other
- Plan a cultural dinner to highlight the Sister Chapter’s native cuisine
- Read selections from PTPI’s Global Book Club together with the Sister Chapter and engage in discussions from different cultural perspectives
- Exchange ideas on chapter projects, recruiting members, websites, etc
- Visit each other (if possible) or provide homestays to members of the Sister Chapter
- Reunite with the Sister Chapter during PTPI’s Worldwide Conference or regional conferences
Fill out a Sister Chapter application below.