2019 Chapter Grants
People to People International awards Chapter Grants to community and student chapters around the world to assist in their community programs, projects and humanitarian aid. The following chapter grants were awarded this year:
- Nyarugusu Refugee Camp Student Chapter, – Kigoma, Tanzania
- This Chapter grant was for vocational training for refugees so that they could develop work skills and self-sustaining employment and have an opportunity to rise out of poverty.
- Imo State Nigeria Chapter – Imo, Nigeria
- This Chapter grant was provided to provide a handwashing education program and sanitizer within the public washrooms in the community. This will create a more hygienic community, decrease disease occurrences and school absenteeism.
- Santa Fe de Bogota Chapter – Bogota, Colombia
- This chapter grant was provided to combat human trafficking in Bogota. This will provide instruction and raise awareness of the signs of human trafficking and what to do if you see someone you believe was trafficked. Human trafficking is an epidemic in Bogota, which has one of the highest extreme poverty rates in the world.
- Lome Togo Chapter – Lome, Togo
- This chapter grant provided school supplies to one of the local schools where children of poverty attend in order to increase the level of learning and give students more sophisticated lessons and be competitive for higher education opportunities.