The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up is full of fun tips and suggestions to tidy up your life and keep it that way. Here are a few of my favorite tips and takeaways.
Discussion Questions for The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up - Tips & Takeaways
Top Tips and Takeaways:
- Tidying is a special event. Don’t do it every day.
- Start by discarding. Then organize. Do it all in one go.
- When you put your house in order, you put your affairs and past in order too.
- You cannot tidy if you have never learned how – follow her categories and you will not rebound.
- Put everything in its place each day.
- Say “hello” to your home and thank your possessions for a job well done.
- Tidying is just a tool, not the final destination – you should be establishing a lifestyle.
- Sort by category, not by location.
- Always think in terms of category, not place.
- They key to storing things is to stand them up rather than lay them flat. Vertical is key! Stacking is hard on the things at the bottom.
- Mysterious cords will always remain just that – a mystery. Throw them away! You can always buy a new chord when you need one.
- Coins go in your wallet or the bank!
- Do not send things to your parents’ home – that is not nice.
- Believe your heart.
- Everything should have a spot!
- When you are choosing what to keep, ask your heart; when you are choosing where to store something, ask your house.
- Use any container for organization – stick to square or rectangle for best use of space.
- The best way to store bags in in another bag.
- Empty your bag every day.
- The question of what you want to own is actually the question of how you want to live your life.
And in case you want to see a video of Marie Kondo talking about her KonMari method – check this out! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1-HMMX_NR8